Research & Writing
Rates for research and writing depend on a number of factors including the nature of the material, the quantity of research and/or length of manuscript, location and technological requirements. For a free estimate, please fill out the contact form or email me with a description of your project and the services you require.
Editing & Indexing
- Dissertation and thesis proofreading, copy editing, reference/citation format correction, and formatting $40 per hour. This rate applies to the very basic level of editing universities and colleges permit on a work for academic credit. Please note that I do not provide editing services for undergraduate or high school students.
- Copy editing $45-$50 per hour.
- Advanced editing (copy editing + structural and stylistic editing) $55-60 per hour.
- Indexing $3.50-$8 per indexable page.
- Rush jobs additional 25%.
The above rates are not inclusive of GST/HST.
The above rates are in Canadian dollars. I accept INTERAC® e-Transfer, bank-to-bank transfer, credit cards, PayPal, and institutional/organizational cheques. Please note that I do not accept payment by personal cheque. For payment by credit card or PayPal, click the “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the page.
Contracts for Editing and Indexing
An email agreement is usually sufficient for editing services, but you may wish to have a formal contract for the service you require. I will generate a contract based on the Editors’ Association of Canada Standard Freelance Editorial Agreement. You will find the Agreement in PDF, Word and WordPerfect formats on the EAC web site (link below).
“The Standard Freelance Editorial Agreement (created by EAC in 1985 and updated in 1999) is a template for spelling out the nature and terms of an agreement between an editor and a client. It details editorial responsibilities; specifies the agreed fees, reimbursements and deadlines; and states what terms shall apply if either party terminates the contract before completion. Schedule A clearly defines various editorial activities so that the editor and the client can agree unambiguously on the work to be done. The completed form is a binding legal document.”
For payment by credit card or PayPal, click the “Buy Now” button below.